FWF At Brick, NJ Elks Lodge
January 26, 2013
FWF returned to the Brick, NJ Elks Lodge on Saturday night January 26th for the second show of a huge two-show weekend. And this popular Jersey Shore venue was completely *SOLD OUT*, with standing-room-only fans, and some fans having to be turned away at the door due to the sellout.
- Match #1: The team of Fast & Fehrm ("Fast" Eddie Franken & "The White Urkel" B. Fehrm) defeated the duo of "Mr. Varsity" Jeff Noyze & Vinny Cenzo. Despite their opponents' size advantage, the quickness and tagging experience of Fast Eddie & B. Fehrm won the day, when Eddie hit a Spaghetti Neckbreaker on Noyze, and Fehrm hit a Nerd Cutter on Cenzo, planting him right on top of Noyze, followed by the three-count.
- Match #2: Strife defeated Ray-Ray Marz. After a back-and-forth match that had the fans on the edge of their seats, Strife blocked a flying knee from Ray with a boot to the face, then ducked out of an avalanche attempt by Ray and rolled him up with a handful of tights to get the victory.
- Match #3: The M&M Boys (Mike Matixx & Mark Modest), with the sultry Savannah managing, defeated The Lords Of Rock & Roll ("Retro Rocker" Rikki Roxx & The Jersey Kidd), managed by "Big 80's" Donnie V. After a back-and-forth match, The Lords went on the offense, and Rikki hit a flying elbow on Matixx, but Savannah put Matixx' foot on the ropes to break up the pin, and Modest took advantage of the distracted referee to spit a mouthful of green mist in Rikki's eyes. Modest and Matixx hit double superkicks on the blinded Rikki, and Matixx planted Rikki into the mat with a Brainbuster Suplex, followed by a flying splash from Modest who got the pin.
- Match #4: The Funky White Boy won a Triple-Threat Match over "Above The Rest" Myke Quest and Slayer. These three unique high-flying styles made for a riveting match. Towards the end, Quest threw Slayer out of the ring, and he and FWB battled until FWB took down Quest with a Tornado DDT. Slayer returned to the ring and took down FWB with an Acid Drop Bulldog. Quest broke up the pin attempt and side-slammed Slayer into the mat. Then FWB seized Quest and rolled him up from behind with a handful of tights and got the 1-2-3.
- Intermission: Former WWE star Matt Hardy and former ECW star Balls Mahoney posed for pictures with the fans, and FWF celebrated January birthdays.
- Match #5: In a return grudge match from the previous night in Manville, Lightning Bolt Johnson, in his first singles match with FWF, scored an upset victory over "Corrupted" Corey Havoc, managed by Savannah. As dictated the previous night by Commissioner Al LiCata, Havoc was not allowed to bring his megaphone into the ring, and entrusted it to Savannah. With a throng of his fans cheering him on, the rookie Johnson found himself on the receiving end of vicious offsense from the veteran Havoc, but would not be pinned. Towards the end, Havoc went for a superplex, but Johnson blocked it and sunset-flip-powerbombed Havoc into the mat instead. Johnson went on a flarry of offense, which was broken up by Savannah entering the ring. While she used her sultry presence to distract the referee, Havoc grabbed the megaphone and swung it at Johnson, but Johnson saw it coming this time and ducked, and rolled up Havoc from behind and got the three-count.
- A furious Havoc attacked Johnson after the match and laid him out with a Crucifix Slam. Havoc then demanded a rematch with Johnson at the next area show in Island Heights in early March, and insisted it be a Hardcore Match. Johnson agreed and Commissioner LiCata made the match.
- Match #6: In a hardcore grudge match from the last Brick show, former ECW hardcore icon John "Balls" Mahoney defeated "The Bounty Hunter" Johnny Ringo. Balls explained that when he attacked Ringo at the last show, it wasn't to help Demanto, whom he hated as well, it was because he wanted to see how tough Ringo really was, and it was the only way to make sure Ringo would have a match with him. Ringo promised to indeed show how tough he was, and the match was on with both opponents trading punches and kicks and weapons. The two hit each other with sode bottles, chairs, kendo sticks, garbage cans, and anything else they could find. Ringo hit Balls with a flying legdrop and three kendo stick shots but still could not hold him down. Ringo then dumped a bag full of thumb tacks onto the mat, but by then Balls had recovered and knocked Ringo senseless with a chair shot, then belly-to-belly suplexed him into the mat and got the three-count.
- After the match, the two shook hands out of respect, and both said they would relish the chance to fight again at the next Island Heights show.
- Main Event: In another return grudge match from the previous night in Manville, Matt Hardy & The Atomic Dog defeated "Mr. Entertainment" J.D. Smoothie & "The Love Machine" Nicky Oceans. Matt introduced Atomic Dog as his mystery partner to help him avenge the double-cross by Smoothie and Oceans. Smoothie and Oceans double-teamed the larger Dog for several minutes before Dog was able to tag in Hardy who cleaned house. Hardy hit a double flying forearm on both Oceans and Smoothie and went for double Twist Of Fate, but they blocked it. Dog returned to the ring and battled with Oceans while Hardy went after Smoothie. Smoothie and Oceans went for flying clotheslines on Dog and Hardy, but they were blocked, and Hardy hit a Twist Of Fate on Smoothie while Dog F-5'd Oceans, and both got the simultaneous pinfall victory.