FWF At Manville, NJ V.F.W. Hall
January 25, 2013
Despite the weather, an energetic sellout crowd with tons of standing-room-only fans turned out in Manville for the FWF's first show there of 2013.
- Before the show began, FWF owner J.D. Smoothie welcomed the fans to Manville, then introduced Nicky Oceans, who announced that he would be retiring from wrestling in a few weeks, and thanked the fans for coming out to see him.
- Match #1: Fast Eddie defeated Wrestling Matt by reversing a suplex attempt into a small package.
- Match #2: In a Triple-Threat Match, Chikara Wrestling star Frightmare defeated Johnny Knockout and Manuel Manny Moore when Frightmare reversed a crucifix slam attempt by Moore into a rollup and pinned him.
- Match #3: In a six-man tag-team match, The 2 Rude Dudes ("Corrupted" Corey Havoc & "Rampage" Rogers) & Ryan Angus defeated L.B. Johnson & Brandon Kirk & B. Fehrm when Havoc knocked out Johnson with his megaphone and pinned him. FWF Commissioner Al LiCata announed that Havoc would fight Johnson one-on-one the next night in Brick, and the megaphone was banned.
- Intermission: Former WWE & TNA star Matt Hardy posed for pictures in the ring with the fans.
- Match #4: Rich "Ice Pick" Lowinski defeated "The Warrior" Jack Spade after shoving Spade off the ringpost from a superplex attempt, then hitting a flying splash for the pin.
- Match #5: In a brutal and bloody no-holds-barred match with weapons, Jeff "Cannonball" Guerrero defeated "The Cold-Hearted Playa" Danny Demanto. This match saw the use of metal signs, chairs, and even a bat covered with thumb tacks. Referee Kenny Edwards was knocked out with a metal sign courtesy of Demanto, and fill-in Referee Jimmy Storm was piledriven into the mat by Demanto. In the end, Demanto mounted a metal sign across two chairs, poured lighter fluid over it, and set it aflame with a match, but before the flames could spread, Cannonball blocked Demanto's powerbomb attempt and chokeslammed him onto the smouldering metal sign and pinned him.
- Main Event: In a Triple-Threat Ladder Match, Myke "G.Q." Quest won over "The Love Machine" Nicky Oceans and former WWE/TNA star Matt Hardy. J.D. Smoothie was the special referee, as Edwards and Storm were still hurt from the last match. Hardy and Quest initially double-teamed Oceans then tried to have a scientific match, but it soon broke down into every man for himself. Towards the end, Hardy through Quest out of the ring, then climbed to the top of the ladder and hit a double axe-handle on Oceans, then planted him into the mat with a Twist Of Fate. But before Hardy could pin Oceans, Quest threw Hardy out of the ring and covered Oceans and got the pin.
- After the match, Hardy returned to the ring and exchanged words with Quest over stealing the victory, but the discussion was cut short when J.D. Smoothie attacked Hardy from behind, and Quest and Oceans made it a three-on-one beatdown, before Cannonball, B. Fehrm, Brandon Kirk, and other wrestlers ran out from the back to chase Smoothie and Oceans and Quest out of the ring. Hardy seized the microphone and challenged Smoothie and Oceans to a tag-team match the next night in Brick against him and a partner of his choosing.